Shark Attacks Surfer In Televised Competition






Surfer Mick Fanning has been attacked by a shark during a televised competition in South Africa
Competition organisers said the Australian surfer was unharmed


The competition has been suspended for the day
In video of the incident, Fanning appeared to be forced off his board during the J-Bay Open event in Eastern Cape, but was able to escape the shark chasing him at a close distance, a big fin emerging from the water
"I was just cruising, just waiting for my turn, my opportunity," Fanning said
"I felt like I was just about to start moving, start paddling, get going again when all of a sudden I had this instinct there was someone behind me and all of a sudden I started getting pulled underwater."
Fanning, a 34-year-old nicknamed "White Lightning" because of his speed in the water, is a triple world champion

Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment