Jennifer Lawrence Talks Paparazzi and Naked Photos, "I Feel Anxiety Every Time I Open My Front Door"



Jennifer Lawrence


Jennifer Lawrence is on a mission to get paparazzi laws changed, to make it illegal for paparazzi to post naked photographs of her online



The actress, who was catapulted into the public eye by her blockbuster Hunger Games movies, insists she did go into the business aware that a lack of privacy was one of the trade offs of becoming a rich and famous movie star
But one thing she's struggling to contend with is the constant presence of the paparazzi whenever she's out and about, and the lengths to which they'll go, in order to get a new -- and preferably racy -- photo of her

"I knew the paparazzi were going to be a reality in my life," the 24-year-old Oscar winner told the AP. "But I didn't know that I would feel anxiety every time I open my front door, or that being chased by 10 men you don't know, or being surrounded, feels invasive and makes me feel scared and gets my adrenaline going every day," she said.

"
You can say, 'This is part of my job and this is going to be a reality of my life,'" Lawrence explained, "but what you don't expect is how your body and how your emotions are going to react to it."
Lawrence says there’s little sympathy for the plight of “millionaire” celebrities, but thinks things are going too far when she can’t even check into a hotel room without finding a team of paparazzi outside, trying to take photos of her getting changed


"We can't ask them to move because they're on public property. And they can photograph me because I'm a public person," she added. "If these laws are going to be in place to protect the press and to protect the paparazzi and to protect the news then new measures need to be made," she said. "Because this is an entirely new phenomenon. This didn't exist 200 years ago."


Lawrence recently made headlines as a victim of celebrity photo hacking, where private, nude photos were hacked from her account and published online. She described the situation as a "sex crime" during an interview with Vanity Fair and insists she's determined to do what she can to protect herself from similar violation in the future

"My belief, and it's something I am going to work very hard on changing and I hope it changes before I die, is to make it illegal to buy, post or shop a photo that's been obtained illegally," she said. "I have photographers that jump my fence. If somebody jumps my fence and takes a picture through my window of me naked, that's illegal, but the photos can still be everywhere (online) the next day, and that makes no sense!"


Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment